Having heel pain is quite common among people all over the world. The main cause is plantar fasciitis. People with this condition might experience pain in the heel causing discomfort and difficulty walking. But just to be more cautious, you need to know that this cannot be the only reason. There are many more types of heel problems that can cause you this discomfort.
If you are one of those facing pain in the heel and need quick relief for the same, then you need to look out for a good podiatrist nearby. For Pico Robertson, Beverly Hills heel pain problems, you can contact Dr. Elhiani at Easy Foot & Ankle. They are specialized in such problems and give you a wide range of non-surgical treatments. You can call them at their office for more inquiries.
Firstly, let us understand better these important facts about heel pain.
Causes and Reasons For a Heel Pain
Heel pain is usually caused by various conditions:
• Achilles tendonitis: This is a condition in which the heel and the calf muscles get inflamed together causing pain in your ankle and heel area. If this is not treated on time then you may experience tendon rupture.
• Bursitis: Bursitis is a condition for the bursa to get inflamed leading to pain
• Sprains and fractures: Fractures and sprains on the feet will usually cause pain and swelling in the heel, especially if you put weight on it. This needs to be treated immediately.
• Heel spur: This is a bony bump that is usually seen in the heel causing pain while you walk.
Signs That You Need To Seek Treatment For This Heel Pain
Plantar Fasciitis is only one condition but if you experience severe pain and inability to walk then you need to reach out to your podiatrist at Beverly Hills to check the condition. The common signs include:
• Severe and continuous pain in the heel
• It is the first pain that you might experience in the morning and doesn’t get better with time
• Swelling in that area, which usually happens in fracture or sprain
• Inability to put more pressure or weight on your heel
In plantar fasciitis, there would be pain in the heel, but it is not that severe and can be relieved after some stretches. If it doesn’t then you need to take doctor’s help.
A good podiatrist will always start the diagnosis by examining your feet. Sometimes they will even get an X-ray done.
Depending on the diagnosis, your podiatrist will recommend the following treatments:
• 3D printed orthotics: These are shoe inserts or cushions that will keep your feet and toe at comfort. At Easy Foot & Ankle, Beverly Hills, the podiatrist makes use of a 3D scan to scan your feet and toe to prepare custom inserts.
• Regenerative medicine: As we know placenta or amniotic tissues contain growth factors that are very important for natural healing. Similarly, PRP (Platelet rich plasma) is another type of regenerative tissue. If these growth factors are injected into the body, they can create new cells leading healing of the soft tissues.