As you age you may experience sagging skin and other signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. Owing to the advancement in science, you can overcome these issues through Botox and fillers. These have versatile properties since they can be used to minimize the pain associated with your TMJ.
Ardsley Botox specialist and team offer Botox and fillers to reduce signs of aging, clenching, and TMJ discomfort.
What are Botox and fillers?
Botox and fillers are cosmetic injections that help minimize signs of aging and relieve TMJ pain and headaches.
Botox is a purified form of the botulinum toxin. It is a neuromodulator that temporarily relaxes the muscle movements responsible for smiles, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Fillers are substances that are injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness.
You must consult your specialist for any age-related concern or TMJ discomfort. Your doctor will evaluate your symptoms, review your medical history, and conduct a physical exam. Your face, mouth, teeth, gums, and jaws will be assessed according to your concern.
Your specialist may also run a few tests, such as:
- Digital X-ray
- Joint vibration analysis
What are the benefits of Botox and fillers?
Botox and fillers are widely used today due to the following benefits:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Enhanced facial volume and fullness
- Tight and young-looking skin
- Better facial contours
- More self-confidence
- Less jaw pain
- Reduced migraine pain
- Less clenching and grinding
What to expect during Botox and filler injections?
Botox and filler injections is an outpatient procedure and you can expect the following:
- Your doctor will first numb the targeted areas where you will be administered Botox and fillers. This helps to reduce any pain and discomfort.
- Tiny micro-needles are used to inject Botox, filler, or both into the targeted areas of your face, head, or neck.
- The procedure lasts for 15 to 20 minutes.
What to expect after Botox and filler injections?
You can expect the following after your session:
- You are likely to experience mild pain, swelling, and redness around the targeted site.
- Avoid touching the injected area immediately after the treatment.
- You can resume your routine activities right away since there is no downtime.
- You may require repeat injections to achieve the maximum results.
Botox and fillers are the go-to solutions for all the problems related to skin and other muscle-related conditions. You do not have to live in pain or feel embarrassed when simple cosmetic injections can help you overcome it.