Video meetings are among the best ways to increase productivity and communication at work. However, it’s not just about having a good video conferencing system or hiring an expensive designer; there’s also plenty that you can do yourself to prepare for your next video conference setup or call with clients. Read further to know more.
Get the most out of your video meetings.
A Video Meeting is a type of meeting where the participants can see and hear each other through live video streaming. The purpose of meetings is for people who are not together in the same location, or even different locations in some cases, to meet up with one another. This can help them get work done faster than if they were all physically present in one place at once.
The advantages that come from these types of meetings include:
- You’ll save money on travel costs.
- It’s easy for everyone involved in the meeting to participate without any issues with connectivity or latency.
- You won’t have any problems with people being late due to traffic jams/delays getting there.
Create a comfortable, distraction-free space.
- Use a room with a door. The last thing you want is for your video call to be interrupted by someone who wants to come in and talk to you or bring you something.
- Make sure there are no distractions. Make sure the room is quiet and free of distractions so that everyone can focus on the topic.
- Make sure the room is well-lit. You don’t want to sit in complete darkness or have harsh lighting shining down on your face during an important meeting! It’ll make it hard for others viewing your screen from afar to see what’s happening, too! And if they’re having trouble seeing what’s happening because there isn’t enough light in your environment, then their eyes will start focusing on other things instead, like checking their phone (which won’t help anyone).
Make sure you’re well-lit.
The lighting should be bright but not too bright. You can use a lamp with a dimmer switch or a regular lamp and move it to the side of the camera. This will allow you to adjust the brightness of your face depending on how much light is coming from behind you, preventing glare on your computer screen.
Ensure excellent audio quality.
You will need a microphone and headphones. You should also use a quiet room, which will help reduce background noise. If possible, avoid using your phone for video meetings (unless it’s the only option). In addition, a landline or VoIP system offers much better audio quality than cellular connections.
“With the right video conferencing set-up, you can organize effective teleconferences, ensure discussions stay on-topic and away from technical problems,” says experts from Vibe.
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand how to create the best video meetings. So, what are you waiting for? Try your hands on excellent video meeting applications and software available in the market.