Like many home improvement projects, opting to put a fence around your home is a big decision. But as the professionals at Fence Consultants of West Michigan know, whether it’s a wood fence, wire fence, chain link fence, or garden fence that you buy at www.critterfence.com/deer-fence, you can rest assured that your fence installation will be well worth it; an investment you won’t regret. Here are a few of the benefits of having a fence around your yard:
1. Security. When a house is not fenced, it becomes more attractive to would-be intruders. A fence will help prevent prying eyes and deter potential break-ins.
2. Protection. In addition to keeping unwanted guests out, fencing can help keep children and pets in. A fence allows the littlest members of the family to play safely within the perimeters of your property.
3. Aesthetics. Fencing is practical, but it can help keep things looking good, too. If you happen to live next to someone who has an unkept or unattractive yard, wood or vinyl fencing can be great for creating an attractive property enclosure.
4. Sound barrier. Wood and vinyl fencing can also serve as sound barriers. Homes in neighborhoods near major highways or train tracks can benefit from fencing that will help impact the amount of sound that enters your home.
5. Land encroachment protection. A proper fence installation will be done in a way that measures and defines the perimeter of your property. Your completed fencing will then serve as a physical measurement of the length and breadth of your land, preventing encroachment by neighbors who may not be aware of land boundaries.
6. Increased home value. In most cases, a property with fencing is worth more than one without. A professionally installed fence will add both value and curb appeal and will make your home more attractive to parents or pet owners should you ever decide to sell.
Tips for Personalizing Your Fence
1. Play with color. When people think of vinyl fencing, plain white is usually what comes to mind. However, we offer vinyl fence panels in a wide array of solid colors and textures. There is even a variety of hues that provide a wood-grain look.
2. Custom create fencing for your needs. Our wood fence panels are available in two options — treated lumber and western red cedar — but the possibilities are endless when it comes to the way the panels are put together. So if you need a privacy fence in a solid or shadowbox style, a picket fence, a split rail fence, or something else, we’ve got you covered. And Fence Consultants never uses prefabricated panels — your fence is custom made to accommodate your needs and built directly on your property.
3. Opt for an ornamental aluminum fence installation. Not only does ornamental aluminum offer durability, strength, and a clean, minimal appearance, but it is also trendy for pool enclosures. What’s more is this type of fencing comes in multiple styles, heights, and finishes, with various add-on accessories available. Add a unique touch to your aluminum fence with a finial, scroll, or fleur-de-lis accent.